The cosmetics industry is worth billions, and lipsticks, lip balms and lip-gloss will always be popular, as the lips are one of the most desirable parts of the human anatomy. Mineral oil type lip balms are cheap to produce, but they are not the most effective lip conditioners. The skin of the lips is thin and prone to dryness, so it makes sense to use nourishing ingredients that taste great and make the lips look healthy and kissable.
Healthy Ingredients to Use in Lip Care
- Cocoa butter: A chocolate scented moisturising butter that blends well with coconut oil and shea butter.
- Beeswax: Available in cream or white, beeswax is a natural thickener that is also waterproof.
- Coconut oil: Tastes delicious, smells great and leaves the lips looking super shiny.
- Shea butter: Blends well with coconut oil and cocoa butter and leaves the lips looking and feeling soft.
- Beetroot: The juice can be purchased from a supermarket, and before blusher was invented, women applied a little beetroot to their cheeks and lips for colour.
- Small 15ml pot
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cocoa butter
- ¼ teaspoon shea butter
- ¼ teaspoon beeswax
- 1 drop of beetroot juice
- Melt the beeswax in a glass dish over a high heat.
- Add the cocoa and shea butter to a bowl.
- If the coconut oil is at room temperature, it will be slightly hard, but it can be added to the microwave for thirty seconds where it will melt.
- Blend the ingredients together with the beeswax.
- Finally, add the drop of beetroot juice and beat well.
- Add to the small pot and apply to lips regularly.