During the winter months, the skin’s natural PH levels can go haywire. The skin can look dry and fatigued. There is a natural oil in the skin called sebum and levels of this oil can reduce in colder periods. Try to keep the skin hydrated with plenty of fresh, clean water, or opt for herbal teas to hydrate the cells.
Nourishing Natural Ingredients
- Cocoa butter: This ingredient is nourishing and smells like chocolate.
- Grapeseed oil: Antioxidant rich, protects the skin from free radical damage, and is suitable for both normal, combination and oil-based skin types.
- Shea butter: Great to use in moisturisers and lip balms, shea butter leaves skin feeling velvety smooth.
- Coconut oil: Smells like a paradise island, does not leave a greasy sheen on the skin, and is suited toward all skin types.
- Aloe vera: This ingredient is abundant in after sun products, due to its cooling properties. It soothes sunburn, scars, and general skin irritation.
- Beewax: A yellow waxy substance that has to be heated to a high temperature, but when it has melted, it blends well with oil-based ingredients to provide a thicker base.
- 1 50ml jar
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax
- 1 tablepoon of cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the beeswax in a glass dish over a high heat. Continue to stir the beeswax and do not leave to harden.
- Add the aloe vera, shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and grapeseed oil and stir until the blend begins to thicken.
- Transfer the ingredients to a jar and store in the fridge.
This soothing winter moisturiser will stay fresh for several months, plus it smells gorgeous and is suitable for both the face and body.